Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Facebook Group - Support for Spouses of Transgender / Transsexuals

I have been reading a new blog (see the link on the right) called My Husband is a Woman.  I have been emailing the writer of the blog and she has just created a new Facebook support group for spouses.  I am excited about this because there is so little information or support for the spouses of transgender or transsexual people.  It's hard to find other spouses who support the decision of their partner to be their true selves.  We need a place to network, share ideas and feelings about what we are going through.  Not everyone wants to write a blog.  I'm very grateful that she started this group and hope more people want to join.  :)

I don't know how many people read this yet, but if you would like to join, you can email me at  followyourbliss4u@gmail.com and I can send you a link.  It is a private group and people who are not in the group won't be able to view it.  Some of us, myself included, are not public with what is going on yet in our lives.

If you don't want to share your real identity, even on the Facebook page, you can always create an anonymous Facebook account.  You can create an anonymous email account too.  Sometimes I feel a bit cowardly for not sharing who I am, but I am trying to be respectful of my spouse's identity until she comes out and is ready to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment